I have always believed that the best way to get to know someone is by knowing their choice of music. Somebody’s music choice actually tells a lot about his/her personality, and through this, I want to show to people, who will most likely just accidentally stumble upon my blog, to get to know me.
When music streaming services weren’t available yet, I used to create playlists, download the songs (.mp3 files) and upload them to Angelfire for everyone’s use. I would share it to my blog readers, friends, and even my family who would like to update their music library with new songs.
For this, I will regularly upload entries here moving forward and build links on Spotify to share my playlists but why did I choose Spotify and not other music streaming services?
One, its availability here in the Philippines. Two, it gives me the option to select the music quality I would like to stream and/or download. Three, it’s only 129 Pesos per month – compared to other music streaming services, this is where I really get my money worth. Four, if you’re a student, you can actually avail a discounted rate of 65 pesos per month only. Fifth, and the best part, no ads and unlimited skips!
As someone who exclusively listens to pop songs and has a go-to playlist, here’s an advice: please, do not be afraid to try new songs and create your music playlist. For my August recommendation, here’s the line-up of songs for your reference:
- After the Rain – Willow Stephens
- And So It Goes – Robert Flack
- Bloomingdales – White Boiz, Anderson Paak, Thundercat
- Don’t Waste It – AUGUST 08
- Everytime boy pablo
- Fall in Love – GoldLink, Ciscero
- Feel Like Makin’t Love – Roberta Flack
- History – 88rising, Rich Brian
- I Like U – NIKI
- Long Gone – Phum Viphurit
- Lover Boy – Phum Viphurit
- Loving is Easy – Rex Orange County
- Midsummer Madness – 88rising, Joji, Rich Brian
- Scared Money – NxWorries, Anderson Paak
- Should I Stay or Should I Go (remastered) – The Clash
- Suede – NxWorries, Anderson Paak
- Sunday – Forrest, Biskwiq
- Turnin’ Me Up – BJ The Chicago
- Why Not Me – Forrest, Biskwiq
- Your Soul – Forrest, Biskwiq
A total play time of 1 hour and 20 minutes, I hope these 20 songs will not just be another update of your music library but a way to feed your craving for new music, your soul and help you get through the coming weeks or so.
I also want to know your thoughts after listening to the playlist and you can do so by posting comments or directly sending a message to me – would appreciate all of these to help me improve!
PS. people from the Philippines, especially Metro Manila and adjacent provinces, I know it’s been raining cats and dogs for the past days and weeks, so please take care and do let me know if you need help so we can coordinate with people who can help you out. Thanks!